Cambridge Public Library
Cambridge Public Library District
Public Participation at Board of Trustees Meetings
Rules for Public Comments
The meetings of the Board of Trustees of the Cambridge Public Library District are open to members of the public. Members of the public have a right to speak at all meetings of the Board of Trustees of the Cambridge Public Library District. At each regular and special open meeting, the members of the public may comment on matters germane to District operations, subject to reasonable constraints.
1. Members of the public may address the Board only at the appropriate times as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
2. Comments by members of the public are limited to five minutes. A speaker may not cede time to another speaker.
3. No more than 15 minutes shall be allowed to each subject under discussion, except with unanimous consent of the Board.
4. Individuals are expected to identify themselves by full name and address.
5. Public comments must pertain to an item on the agenda or to an issue that is relevant to the Board’s work. The President of the Board of Trustees retains the right to stop any speaker who raises issues that are not on the agenda or are not germane to the duties of the Board.
6. Petitions or written correspondence to the Board shall be presented to the Board at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting.
7. The president shall have the authority to determine reasonably procedures regarding public participation not otherwise defined in Board Policy.